Security Eng. Identity Management/Security Monitoring - Frankfurt
An excellent position has arisen for a Security Engineer - Identity Management/Security
Monitoring with at least 5 years of experience.
Are you looking to work at perhaps the most prestigious Banking institution in Europe? Are you an English speaking professional looking for an opportunity in Germany?
Serco is a FTSE 100 international service company with 100,000 people, in 700 contracts, in 30 countries. Our approach has made us one of the world's leading service companies and our vision is to be the world's greatest.
Due to increased growth our customer is looking to recruit a Security Engineer - Identity Management/Security Monitoring based on site in Frankfurt, Germany.
Tasks and Responsibilities
* Design and develop the requirements and technical specifications for our Customer's IT security monitoring framework.
* Produce and maintain accurate and up-to-date technical documentation related to security incidents / and preventive maintenance procedures, including the identification and proposal of diagnostic tools associated with user (including process and system) accounting, access and identity management in UNIX and Windows-based system.
* Elaborate plans, preparation and document releases and maintenance activities (such as patches and software upgrades) which are required to keep system running at optimised security condition.
* Investigate, diagnose and resolve system security-related problems using available tools and referring to external suppliers if required, as well as assisting 1st and 2nd-level support staff
* Lead-role in security improvements and/or initiatives in UNIX and Windows-based systems.
* Involvement in security incident management and intrusion detection
* Contribute to assess and propose efficiency/effectiveness gains in the current Operational Security
* Patiticipate in IT secuirty projects during the complete project lifecycle for the development of IT services and systems (in particular in co-operation with business analysis) , such as technical specifications, evaluation and selection of new products, activity planning and reporting with a focus on security
* Contribution to IT projects in the implementation phase of IT services and systems (in particular in co-operation with business analysis), such as analysis, development, integration and testing (i.e. performing Operational Security testing and acceptance), maintenance, release, documentation with a focus on security
* Maintain accurate and up-to-date technical documentation related to security based systems/components including operational requirement and release management plan, transfer knowledge to colleagues and ensure sufficient documentation is available for tasks to be assigned to 1st and 2nd-level support staff. In particular:
o Maintain, improve and document the current user management application (e.g. Java, tomcat, LDAP, AD, and SUN Identity Manager).
o Maintain, improve and document the current identity and access provisioning system (Java, SUN JSIM, AD, LDAP).
Education and qualifications:
* Advanced university degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science;
* Technical security and IT certifications
Knowledge and skills:
* Excellent Knowledge of IT security processes, features, issues and solutions associated with UNIX (in particular Solaris and Linux) and Windows-based operating systems
* Strong experience with Smartcards and their integration with access and security infrastructure
* Excellent knowledge of Oracle Identity Manager
* Good knowledge of J2EE technologies, XML, Java, Tomcat, LDAP and Oracle database
* Experience in performing security testing related to identity and access management
* Strong knowledge in, data recovery and forensic techniques, encryption, computer and Internet networking protocols, computer privacy and security, common operating systems and file systems
* Experience in process analysis including definition of Standard Operating Procedures;
* Ability to research security topics and produce briefing notes (technical and non-technical)
* Strong interpersonal skills and result-oriented approach.
* Good writing skill and ability to explain complex ideas clearly and concisely
* Teaching and technical training experience is an advantage
* Knowledge and experience with software development and scripting languages such as Perl and Phyton, C/C++, Java programming experience would be an advantage
Excellent Salary + relocation financial assistance + 1 month initial hotel stay + Frankfurt based relocation expert to assist with sourcing new home and deal with contracts, etc + flight.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Frankfurt, Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris, Roma, Madrid, Warsaw, Athens, Lisbon, Prague, Berlin, London, Manchester, Swansea, Edinburgh, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Exeter, Bristol, Birmingham
Salary : Negotiable
Date Advertised : 07 Feb 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.