Senior High Voltage Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer (High Voltage) Permanent - £45,000 per annum (plus pension, life cover, private health insurance)
Key Skills / Experiences: Senior High Voltage Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Senior Engineer, Degree, Technical Manager, HV, IET, SC Security, Voltage, Devon
Our Devon-based client is an innovative Engineering Development company, involved in a wide variety of technologically advanced industry sectors. As part of their on-going growth, they have a vacancy for a Degree-Qualified High Voltage Electrical Engineer
Principal responsibilities for the Senior Electrical Engineer (High Voltage):
- Design, develop, qualify and support all electrical switchgear, terminations, splices and hub devices, acting as Technical Manager and/or Systems Design Authority where necessary.
- Be the Responsible Person in terms of HV qualification and safety certification of products and bespoke engineering solutions.
- Take responsibility for the Electrical design aspects of a variety of electro-mechanical systems (including all types of switchgear, connectors and cabling structures) supplied into a diverse client base
- Provide innovation and impetus to the HV development activities of the company.
- Act as the acknowledged company HV expert.
-Lead and train a team of engineers and technicians in practical HV techniques
- Act as the HV champion in pushing the upper level of expertise within the company with respect to Voltage levels achieved for onshore / offshore connections.
- When required lead or be part of an offshore / onshore deployment team covering all aspects of HV connections / terminations / splices.
Essential Experience and Background for the Senior Electrical Engineer (High Voltage):
- Must possess a relevant degree or equivalent.
- Proven track record in High Voltage Electrical Design and testing.
- Familiar with all current EU and UK electrical standards as well as IET standards where appropriate.
- The ability to lead a small team is vital
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with all engineering disciplines.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- SC Security clearance
This is a superb opportunity to join a successful engineering company, who have ambitious plans to develop new and technologically challenging markets across the world. They are based in beautiful Devon, close to some of the finest beaches and moorland the UK has to offer
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Devon, South West, Exeter, Somerset, Plymouth, Barnstaple, Okehampton, Torquay, Taunton, Yeovil, Dorset, Bournemouth, Cornwall
Salary : £45k pa + Negotiable + pension
Date Advertised : 05 Feb 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.