Full time position
Salary discussed on application
Excellent benefits of housing, car, 40 days holiday, 3 flights per year, medical insurance and bonuses
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Deliver Cable Training to students and technicians.
* Deliver Regional Cable Training as required by the Technical Training Manger
* To teach Telecommunication Principles and International Computer Driving License (ICDL)
* To produce material to support training in the form of, but not limited to; pamphlets, handouts, presentation and weekly tests.
* Act as Subject Matter Expert for Cable installation and Maintenance and produce Section 2 (Execution) of Instructional Specifications (ISpecs) for all Cable courses.
* Provide advice to Course Developers as required.
* Provide written reports on a weekly basis for all students, to include; weekly test results, discipline issues, performance and remedial measures.
* To assist in the installation, repair and maintenance of cabling for Training System.
* Liaise with other departments as directed by the Technical Training Manager.
* To develop and maintain good relationship with the clients Assistant Instructor.
* Any other duties as directed by the Technical Training Manager.
RECRUITMENT SPECIFICATION (Knowledge and Experience:
* NQF Level 4 in Telecommunications related field or, exceptionally, NQF Level 3
* Must provide recent evidence of delivering training courses in Telecommunications or related field.
* Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Cable Installation, fault-finding, maintenance and repair.
* Must have a good knowledge and experience of inside cabling and distribution methods
* Must have an expert knowledge and practical experience of all aspects of copper cable jointing; including joint closing methods, MDFs, cabinets, pillars, fault finding and drawings.
* Must have expert knowledge and recent practical experience of the latest fibre optic jointing and terminating methods and a good knowledge of fibre optic test equipment.
* Experience of working in the Middle East is desirable, as is experience of work within a military environment.
* Should possess knowledge of instructional methodology and have the skills to exploit new methods and media to encourage learning.
* Must be computer literate and show evidence of using multimedia to provide learning solutions.
* Must provide evidence of class management and reporting.
* Must be a self-starter with high levels of personal integrity and be customer focused.
* Must be an active team member committed to delivering first class learning solutions to the customer.
* Must be fluent in English.
* Must hold a valid driving license from country of origin.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : London, Birmingham, Manchester, Plymouth, Southampton, Bristol, Swansea, Oxford, Brighton, Norwich, Derby, Exeter, Liverpool, Newcastle, Carlisle, Glasgow, Fife, York, Dover
Salary : On application
Date Advertised : 03 Feb 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.