We are looking for CIMA newly qualified or qualified accountants.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our business based in Exeter paying up to £30k dependant on experience
Blue Chip Holidays are the leading provider of luxury self-catering holidays in the South West who have the largest portfolio of 4 & 5 star self catering holiday accommodation. Our range of self-catering properties include holiday apartments, holiday cottages, barns, bungalows, lodges and holiday lets in some of the finest locations with the finest views in Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant . This is a key role within the finance team reporting to the Finance Director. The role involves working with management team to ensure all assets, liabilities, revenue and expenses are record accurately and timely. This position is primarily responsible for managing the cash flow and bank balances on a daily basis ensuring debtors are chased and creditors are paid at the optimum time, produce monthly departmental management accounts, profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow reviewing with department heads.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities within the Management Accountant role will include:
- Effectively manage relationships on a day to day basis, using Online systems / tools to co-ordinate over 300 active affiliates and partners
- Encourage partners to promote the business and drive bookings
- Communicate with partners to ensure business policy is followed
- Respond to partner enquiries in a prompt manner
- Negotiate with partners to get 'the best deal' for the business
- Ensure all assets, liabilities, revenue, expenses and taxes are properly recorded and reconciled
- Manage the payroll, ensuring all information is produced in a timing basis, all statutory information is produced accurately and timely
- To develop and produce monthly and weekly KPI's
- Manage all fixed asset projects and fixed asset spend on a monthly basis ensuring regular reviews with project supports
- To work continuously on the development of all systems and process, controls and reconciliations
- To train and develop the assistant accountant
- Use reporting and learning to recognise opportunities and suggest new initiatives
- Work with Head of Online to develop new strategies on a yearly & quarterly basis
- Implement new strategies as required
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications for the Management Accountant role will include knowledge of Sage 200. You will be a qualified Accountant (CIMA) and you will also understand what the customer needs and find creative ways of satisfying them, ensuring they will come back.
You will be able to organize and prioritise your day based on workload and possess excellent organisational skills. You will be self-motivated, driven to achieve and results-orientated. You will have high level of attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent numeracy skills. You should also be comfortable in using Microsoft Word, Outlook & Excel. You will have a good telephone manner and should feel confident in talking on the telephone and delivering messages in line with the needs of the company. A willingness to learn is also essential.
In return for your passion, skill and hard work you will receive a salary of £30k dependant on experience
This position is based in Exeter, Devon which is commutable from locations such as Hat herleigh, Chulmleigh, Witheridge, Tiverton, Cullompton, Sidmouth, Exmouth, Dawlish, Newton Abbot, Torquay, Alphington and Moretonhampstead.
We are happy to consider a newly qualified Management Accountant.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity and to become our Management Accountant.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Exeter, Devon
Salary : £30k dependant on experience
Date Advertised : 29 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.