P3e / P6 Senior Planner - Cumbria
JOB TITLE:- P3e / P6 Planner - Project Controls Manager
LOCATION:- Sellafield, Cumbria
Rate £50-60 GBP PH
Put your P3e/P6 Project Control skills to good use in a secure and long term contract. My client is involved in undertaking the largest Programme of Engineering works ever in the UK. You will be working as a specialist planning resource assigned to a designated Project Team. Reporting into a Lead Planner you will be contributing to the Site Lifetime Plan.
My client is involved in a restructuring in order to improve and continue the delivery of a competitive 'Accelerated Nuclear Clean-up programme'. The Cumbria site is one of 5 with a commitment to its major customer to deliver planned Decommissioning services.
The site workforce is growing, many being specialist Contractors undertaking a range of engineering projects with a total value of circa £600 million
The preparation of the site and services to enable transition through De-fuelling to Decommissioning and Waste Retrieval is crucial to the success of the sites' current 5 year plan, P3e/P6 Planning is therefore a critical element of the project.
The post reports directly into the site Lead Planner with a line report to the 'Peer' Site Management Team. Primary responsibilities will include the undertaking of cost and schedule variance analysis.
You will be expected to;
* Maintain the Programme schedule, ensuring it reflects the latest understanding of the timescales required for the achievement of milestones, and the progress already made towards those milestones.
* Provide timely and accurate information to the Project Controls team on issues, concerns and achievements arising from the schedule.
* Prepare status reports and other periodic and ad-hoc communications to stakeholders.
* Liaise with Team Leaders to ensure timely production of weekly status reports.
* Provide expertise in Microsoft Project and P3e/P6 to the Project Control Team.
* Develop new plans as and when required.
* Provide expertise in applicable planning tools, in particular, P3e/P6 to the project control team.
* Ensure delivery of relevant NTWP activities within time and cost.
You will be able to demonstrate experience and depth of knowledge in respect of EVM and EVA
For more detail and a confidential discussion please contact the managing consultants as shown in this ad.
Job Type : Contract/Interim
Location : Essex, Bradwell-On-Sea, London, Birmingham, Manchester, Plymouth, Bristol, Oxford, Norwich, Derby, Exeter, Liverpool, Carlisle, Glasgow, Dumfries, Aldermaston, Taunton, Cumbria, Sellafield, Suffolk
Salary : £50-60 GBP PH
Date Advertised : 06 Dec 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.