Quality Technician / Inspector
As the Quality Inspector you will be responsible for ensuring that quality standards are maintained throughout the procurement and manufacturing process. Reporting directly to the Purchasing Associate Director for all aspects and the day to day operational details.
* To be able to dimensional check products carefully from engineering drawings. The appropriate person must be able to read such drawings and understand drawing symbols.
* To be able to write a concise Sample Approval report to confirm the findings of the dimensional review. The report must be clear, concise and consistent and be able to be understood by others who are not so conversant with engineering drawings.
* To be able to demonstrate an eye for detail in inspecting products to an agreed specification.
* To be able to offer solutions to any quality problems and be capable of communicating effectively to various departments to qualify the findings. To ensure that these are correctly managed through the systems and procedures, this will also need a management style to follow up on such points.
* To be available for travel both UK and abroad when necessary to inspect and assess products and to ensure that the quality meets our very high standards.
* To assist the Goods-in team where necessary on the inspection and checking of our products.
* To ensure effective communication with all relevant departments that we interface with and in particular the design team with regard to our existing and new product ranges.
* To effectively report and demonstrate to the Associate Purchasing Director on a weekly basis what products/ tasks have been completed.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Dynamic and proactive.
* Numerate with accurate attention to detail.
* An engineering background will be essential.
* Flexibility to carry out a wide ranging role that will vary across the year.
* Enthusiasm to learn new skills and ability to grasp large amounts of product information
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Together with an analytical and inquisitive mind, you must be a team player with good communication skills.
*22 days holiday initially rising by 1 extra day for every 2 years worked, up to 25 days (plus Bank hols)
*Staff discount - cost plus 15% after qualifying period TBC
Working Hours: 9.00 5.30 Mon - Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
It is with regret that we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applications.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Exeter
Salary : Competitive
Date Advertised : 04 Dec 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.