JOB TITLE:- Electrical Engineer
LOCATION:- Portishead, Bristol
SALARY:- £25k - £40k dep on exp
Innovative,dynamic organisation supplying high-end engineering products and service solutions to the International Subsea Oil, Gas and Offshore Renewable Industries are seeking an seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to strengthen their engineering team and support the company's ambitious growth plans.
The electrical engineering position, based in our Portishead, Bristol office, will consist of a wide variety of exciting work areas from product specification to system analysis, with the opportunity to progress into a senior role.
The successful candidate will already have, or be working towards Chartered/Incorporated Engineer status. Knowledge of Oil and Gas Subsea Production Control Systems and the associated power and communications technologies would be advantageous, but not essential.
* Generate Functional Requirement Specifications, detail drawings, test procedures, operating manuals and any other documentation required for project deliverables or product development.
* Undertake electrical analyses (communications and power) of subsea systems and produce associated reports in accordance with company and client requirements.
* Create system block diagrams and electrical schematics.
* Define new company product solutions and support internal R&D programmes.
* Identifying novel technology and support the preparation of patent applications.
* Undertake conceptual design of products and systems.
* Prototype and test electrical circuitry as demanded by scopes of work.
* Manage suppliers and third party design houses, ensuring on time delivery.
* Creation of software programs, as required, for testing and results analysis purposes.
* A degree or equivalent HNC qualification in a suitable engineering discipline.
* At least three years relevant engineering experience.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:-
* Proven experience in producing Functional Design Specifications, Test Procedures and similar project & product documentation.
* Demonstrated experience in project activities and interfacing with clients, both internal and external.
* Proven documentation writing skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* The ability to utilise electrical modelling and simulations software such as PSpice, MathCAD and/or Matlab
* Working knowledge of Python and/or C++/C#.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE (not essential):-
* Understanding of Fieldbus communications systems and protocols, including CANbus, Profibus and Modbus.
* Knowledge of Data Analysis techniques.
* Familiarity with long distance communications protocols and powerline communications.
* Understanding of PCB design and associated CAD software.
* Knowledge of ISO 13628-6 : 2006.
* Enthusiastic and innovative in finding solutions
* English language fluency, with strong oral and written communication skills.
* Able to work on own initiative, and as part of a team.
* Used to working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
* Operate with a high level of attention to detail.
* Understand the commercial implications with respect to finding technical solutions.
* A desire to travel, meet with clients, present and promote the technical capability of the company.
Key words - Electrical Engineer, Oil and Gas, Subsea , PSpice, MathCAD, Matlab, Python, C++
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Portishead, Bristol, Cheltenham, Bath, Exeter, Gloucester, Weston-Super-Mare, Trowbridge, Stroud, Frome
Salary : 25k - 40k dep on exp.
Date Advertised : 01 Dec 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.