Head of Category
Head of Category / Exeter / £46000 - £51000 / 6-9 Month Contract.
This is a critical role with procurement accountability for diverse portfolios of services with an aggregated total annual spend in excess of £200m in value encompassing a wide ranging portfolio of services. The Head of Category will provide strategic leadership and stewardship across the entire procurement category of multiple third party commercial arrangements.
The successful candidate will lead and over-see cross-functional teams working to a lifecycle strategic sourcing model that encourages innovation, challenges existing practice and places an emphasis on supply chain management to improve value for money and achieve outcome based targets
The Head of Category will be responsible for all elements of category management in order to execute stakeholder requirements in the supply market, and deliver the highest value through total cost of ownership solutions.
* Full membership to the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) level alongside substantial senior procurement experience
* Educated to Degree/HND level
* Previous experience of developing long term partnering solutions and sustaining appropriate relationships with key suppliers and major industrial prime contractors
* Experience as a contracts professional of leading complex negotiations in support of large scale programmes showing personal responsibility for successful outcomes, including legal disputes and mediation
* A successful track record of analysing commercial risk on large scale projects and mitigating those risks
* Track record and change management, transformation of procurement and Collaboration
* Expertise in contract law and EU procurement legislation and its application and implications
* Experience in managing commercial and procurement organisations in private or public sector
* Demonstrable track record in relation to responsible procurement including sustainability, use of small/medium suppliers, the voluntary sector and environmental agenda
* An understanding of ERP systems, E-business and E-procurement including purchase to pay, e-tendering, evaluation, auction and contract management
* Substantial technical and strategic experience of a range of major business services procurement within this category
* Motivational leadership qualities, team development and strategic vision
* A disposition to challenge traditional service models and ways of working with the ability to design new approaches and solutions for improved value for money and better outcomes
* Strategic relationship management and negotiation skills to influence stakeholder thinking and behaviour to meet changing needs and priorities.
Please contact Colin Leach on 01392 412454 if you are interested in discussing the role further.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Exeter
Salary : £46000.00 - £51000.00 pa
Date Advertised : 13 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.