IT Helpdesk Assistant
An opportunity has arisen for an IT Helpdesk Assistant to join a reputable employer on a permanent basis. My client is located in Exeter and is renowned for offering an excellent working environment. The successful candidate will contribute to providing an effective IT helpdesk service for my client's relatively large user base. Key responsibilities within the role include:
* Provide efficient telephone support on MS Office applications (Particularly MS Word) and company intranet
* Log jobs for second-line support teams using helpdesk system
* Swap-out and replace faulty equipment to include travel to other offices
* Assist end-users with regard to faults with and the use of company issued mobiles, Blackberrys and Smartphones.
* Setup and test new user accounts including those for temporary staff
* Make changes to the configuration of telephones including cover paths and pickup groups
* Assist with the setup of new PC's and Laptops as required
*Follow-up on open jobs with second line support teams to ensure that they are dealt with in a timely fashion and that progress is reported back to end-users.
The successful candidate must have previous experience of working within an IT helpdesk environment. Strong customer service skills including an excellent telephone manner is essential as is the ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks. A driving license and a car will also be required to travel to various offices. All candidates interested in the role should be strong team players who hold a real interest in IT. My client is looking to offer a basic salary ranging from £16,000 - £20,000 (dependent on experience) plus company benefits.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Exeter, Devon, Honiton, Newton Abbot, Exmouth
Salary : £16,000 - £20,000
Date Advertised : 05 Oct 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.